Name:
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, United States

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Spaghetti and Meatballs

I can't remember if we've had spaghetti and meatballs for dinner on this blog or not, but it's about time, since it makes a regular appearance at our dinner table. That, and it's four in the morning, I can't sleep, and I'm making meatballs. I realized I'm turning into my mom--I never thought about her getting up in the middle of the night and being unable to sleep when I was a kid, but now that I'm doing it as an adult, I remember her clanging pots and pans and me waking up at six and she'd already have banana muffins made, lunches made and be ironing a mountain of shirts.
Daleth just got back from trip to visit Nebraska and announced he has absolutely no intention of going there to college. He made a road trip with a few guy friends and I'm thinking they had a really great time, and it occurred to me how surreal it is to watch him go through the process of separation from us. I keep reminding myself "a year from now he'll be at college..." I'm wondering if I'll be this sappy when all the kids leave or if this is a process for me too? I think so.
We are in the thick of dance team, POMS, and drum lessons. Every night someone has something and in the midst of this, my amazing and wonderful husband decided we need to redo our hardwood floor in the dining room. Nevermind that I suggested it back in July when the kids were all out of the house at camp. Because that would have been a totally IDEAL time to do that. However, I'm rejoicing at his initiative to do some home improvement projects and say nothing. If this drags out too long though, I may rethink that silence thing. Anyway, I hope to start posting pictures on my blog of kids and their stuff, and maybe even pictures of our fabulous dinners after Christmas when one of my kids gets a digital camera for a gift ( I hope they aren't reading this). Mom, if you're reading this I AM going to make salad, so we have all the food groups covered!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home