Name:
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, United States

Thursday, November 23, 2006

TURKEY!!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I began an entry last night talking about our delicious dinner of leftover jambalaya , but got sidetracked by my husband announcing his decision to go to Barnes and Noble to "look around". That's librarian-ese for "I'm gonna spend money on more books". If anyone ever has a question about vikings, the eddas, or beowulf, call us--I'm sure we could answer them because we have every book ever in print on those subjects! Love that man!
Anyway, I desperately wanted to sleep in today. You know how it is when you are so tired and your body just feels "heavy"? That was me this morning, but I got up and got my rolls rising and turkey washed up and salted, shoved my hand in that "business-end" of the turkey and got those disgusting giblets out. Mom wouldn't be happy, but I just can't bring myself to boil those things up and add them to the gravy. I'm hoping our meal is fabulous and we can go outside and enjoy the rest of the day. The weather this week is very un-Wisconsin, being in the upper 50-60 degrees, but I'm not complaining. One more thing to be thankful for on Thanksgiving!!!
And I am thankful, for so many things. We've been here six years now as of today, and time has gone by so fast. Our lives have changes so much in the amount of time we've been here--I just can't fathom what the future holds, but so thankful God is in control of that! Right now, I need to get better control of my livingroom, which has turned into "the-room-everyone-dumps-stuff-in" and get this house feeling tidy and homey for the long weekend. Before I know it, it will be time to get things ship-shape for another busy school and work week, a week of leftover dinners(!) and so today, I will savor that turkey and stuffing, and I will savor the time with my family!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home